Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Week 21: Last Week in Moore


Oh, you know...just out here chasing storms in Oklahoma!

My week has been a good one. It almost just felt like we were going through the routine but it was still a good week. We have been looking for part member families and have had good success with being invited in and teaching them. 

We were able to set a baptism date for Joe Ferrera. December 16th. Sadly I am getting transferred out before then. He has been looking into the church for 6 months now. I am super excited for him. I never thought that I would love and care for someone who was a total drug addict but when you look at them for what truly matters it doesn't matter what they did before only who they have the potential to become with the help of our loving Heavenly Father.

I am going to the Village. I have no clue where that is but it should be good I hope. I really didn't want to leave but thats how it goes. JT Alvarado and I both were almost in tears when I went and saw him last night. He is the recent convert that I myself baptized back in September.

The Alvardos with Elder McMinn

Today for P-day we are going to see the Native American man who helped us finish the flutes last time and the other elders in the area are going to make some before they leave. Should be good to see all the other missionaries before we all leave.

I have loved Moore so much and the people here are seriously the greatest people ever. I am going to miss it. 

Love,
Elder McMinn

Heavenly Father loves all His children. No matter where they are on or off the path. He wants them back home.
- Linda K. Burton

No comments:

Post a Comment